I used to live on the West Coast, but now I live on the Eastern one. I like to cook. And eat. And occasionally, make stuff… crafty stuff. I started this blog as a way to chronicle the trials and tribulations of my adventures in the kitchen (and beyond). I try to cook healthy, mostly vegetarian dishes, but sometimes a girl just needs a good burger—medium rare, extra cheese.
Such is life. Here are some other things you should know about me:
- I love rainbow sprinkles. I believe they are the key to happiness.
- When I get stressed, I make elaborate desserts. Case in point: three days before I took the MCAT (medical school entrance exam), I whipped up 60 lemon zest French macarons with fresh raspberry Swiss buttercream.
- I used to work in restaurants, but now I don’t. I miss it a lot. I still have a lot of opinions on what comprises a good versus terrible dining experience, though.
- All I truly want in life is a Golden Retriever puppy. And more counter space.
- I believe that fruit and meat belong together forever and always.
- I strongly dislike lima beans.
- I learned how to bake from my mom, but I learned how to cook from my dad. And Julia Child.
- I lose days at a time while lost in the wonderful world of Pinterest.
- There are few things that make me happier than cheese.